Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's up lately?

Well, you must be wondering why I write and publish posts mostly on wednesdays. It's kind of time to burn time. Every Wednesday (Mondays in October & September) since 15 weeks ago, I've been sitting in the hospital for a long time now. It's amazing how time flys. I can't believe myself that I've been already sitting in the hospital for that long. Once a week if I'm lucky, sometimes might shoot to twice a day or 4 times a week. What I've learnt from my experience here? Simple. Keep your body healthy or you will just end up here. I mean not that no one on earth can avoid sickness. But just avoid coming to the hospital that frequent like I do or worse, admitted.

This is the very moment that I came to my head. Yes, life maybe is very fragile. Fragile enough to be taken away just like that. But what about life that is not so fragile and still hanging in there? Those who sleep on the sick bed for weeks some for months or years hoping that one day he/she will heal from their sickness or just simply sleeping there waiting to die. That's the agony faced by most patients. As for my grandma, there's no exception. She is suffering a decease that acquires her to visit the hospital every week and take injection every week. EVERY DAMN WEEK!!! Some weeks before, she needs to take blood test every 2 weeks and now as her blood has become unstable, the test needs to be taken every week without fail. Sometimes, she even need to go for ultrasound. It's an agony siting there for hours no mater I'm at the private hospital or the general hospital. The people, the minimal parking space, it happens in most hospitals here. How bout the patient? Worse. She is facing all the pain. Not forgetting stress and other after effects of the injection intentionally and unintentionally.

It's a sad thing that she goes back home everyday sitting in front of a blank tv looking at it for hours or sometimes just stare at the celling for hours pointlessly. We tried to talk her out, Asking her to go on with her life as usual because she can still walk and do lots more just with a lil' fatigue. Which person at your age don't? It's just normal and normal is the subject in most of our conversation to convince her that she is okay. She just wouldn't listen.

What's worse now is that her body is rejecting the injection. I mean after all the effort everyone put in will be a lost just that and no alternative could be taken at all. Its seriously a disappointment seriously. I mean after so long of blood test, injections, ultra sounds and all the other pills she have to take is for nothing. Sigh.

Well that's about it. Still waiting now. Not very sure I can join my friends for lunch later because it will be long. And yes!!! SUPER FRIGGING LONG!!!

Love, remmygoh

No comments:

Post a Comment