Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

9th Day.

This is the first time I went to witness the Chinese and Buddhist culture on the 9th day. They called it the "9 wong yeh" or direct translation from mandarin "九王爷" if I'm not mistaken. Haha. My mandarin sucks!! Anyways, there were a lot of food even more than what I had during the 1st day. And loads of paper folded "gold" and a few of familiar faces at Kok Chung's house.
It was a kind of simple ceremony where they light up the huge josstick and start praying. Then they burn up the folded gold papers. Shell of Red eggs were pealed and thrown into the burning fire for luck and prosperity.


The children played fire crackers as well. There were so many of them and thats what make the event even more livelier!





Kok Chung's nephews.

Then we ate the pork... SIEW YOKE. my favorite and chit chatted. Its really and eye opening event for me to at least know the tradition or ceremony practiced by the buddhist. It's a great honor for me to attend and be late for school the next day. Ehhe... (as you can see on the previous post) oh yeah!! Almost forgotten. I've captured a picture of the "monster side" of my friend, Mok with the way he eats!!!





love, remmygoh
http://facebook.com/remmygoh

No comments:

Post a Comment